Headphone Module Replacement
I'm only hearing sound from one side of the my earbuds.
The most frequent points of breakage of an iPod due to impact with a hard
surface are in this order:
When you can only hear sound from one side on your iPod, look for the
ovalized jack. If you find it, the failed part is the headphone module. We all need
There are different versions of headphone module depending on the model iPod you have. The 5th and 6th (Classic) Generation Video Ipods have basically
a wire harness with a jack dangling on one end. The Mini's have a daughter card that affixes to the
logic board and the 4th Generation... all of them.. 4th, Photo, U2, have a separate circuit board cabled back to the main unit affixed to the rear housing.
- LCD breaks
- Hard Drive gets subject to damage. These are laptop drives and you
would never subject your laptop to the type treatment you put your iPod through.
- The iPod lands on its head or bounces onto its head and the headset
plug hits the ground first before the body of the iPod putting all of its
weight on the headphone plug sending a smashing jolt to the jack. I see
this Video iPods all the time. You can tell because the jack is
now ovalized rather than round. The symptom the client usually mentions is
"I'm only hearing sound from one side of the my earbuds". Which is the left side.
- Case damage (which is cosmetic)
The ones I sell are all "working pulls". They have been salvaged from less fortunate cadaver donor iPod
for transplant into your iPod. They have been tested as working perfectly
The labor charge includes several things. It includes:
- Data Recovery - backing up all your data, music and video files incase you don't still have them and placing in safe for access back on the iPod when finished
- opening up your ipod and taking headphone module from your present iPod and replacing it with the new one, then putting your iPod back together.
- moving your files back onto the iPod if needed
- Shipping your finished iPod back to you.
includes shipping back to you
|iPod 6th Gen (Classic) Video iPod||$35||$40||$75|
|iPod 5th Gen Video iPod||$28||$40||$68|
|iPod 4th Gen with Black and White screen or U2 Model||$15||$40||$55|
|Photo iPod 4th Gen with color screen||$15||$40||$55|
|Mini iPod 1st Generation||$15||$40||$55|
|Mini iPod 2nd Generation||$15||$40||$55|
The Nano models have the jacks surface mount soldered to the logic board. replacement is extremely complex but not impossible, just fine hand work with a soldering pencil. Call us if you really need that board level replacement.
email me at email@example.com
with questions or to set up a repair.
Monday through Friday from 10am to 7pm, and Saturday & Sunday noon to 6pm.
I'm in Sonoma County... Northern California wine country,
2145 Service Court
Santa Rosa, Ca 95403-3139